Earrings are a great accessory that could give your look an instant class – but sometimes, the store prices could be a bit steep. Worry not, though – if you want a great set of dress-up earrings at an affordable cost, you’ve come to the right place. This will be one of the easiest and most exciting DIY accessory project you’ve come across…
Here’s the step-by-step on DIY earrings from eHow.
Things You’ll Need:
- Bezel Charms (two for every pair you make)
- Earring hooks (two for every pair you make)
- Extra-fine glitter (any colour you like)
- Glass glitter (any colour you like)
- Bottle cap (or any other narrow containers)
- Toothpicks (two)
- Jewellery pliers
- Cover the work area with cardboard to keep it clean. Pour both kinds of glitter to the bottle cap, and mix them together with a toothpick.
- Using another toothpick, spread a small amount of decoupage over the bezel charms.
- Pour the glitter on top of the decoupaged bezel charms. Press the glitters with your finger.
- Shake off the extra glitter by turning the charms upside down and back.
- Use the paintbrush to apply another layer of decoupage on top of the glitters. Wait until it dries.
- Attach the earring hooks with pliers.
- If you want to add extra bling to your earrings, use glitter decoupage.
- For a jagged surface, use more glass glitter than the extra-fine one; for a flatter surface, do the reverse.