The elegance of stained glass is not exclusive to churches only – you can also make one at home! With simple materials such as paint and frame, you can create your own custom stained glass.
Things You’ll Need:
- Frame with glass
- Acrylic/glass paints (colour(s) of your choice)
- Crystal clear paint
- Pattern/design of your choice, in print
- Instant lead lines
- Take the glass out of the frame and clean it. Put the pattern under the glass.
- Stick the lead lines tape following the pattern.
- Colour the glass with paints according to the pattern.
- Put the crystal clear paint on the unpainted parts to create a blurred stained glass look.
- Air dry the glass for 24 hours or more.
- Put the glass back in the frame. You can locate it by the window or hang it on the wall.
- Start painting from the middle, and don’t shake the paint tubes too much before putting it on in order to avoid ‘bubbling’.