Nothing screams DIY more than making your own furniture. By building your own household products from scratch, you will not only gain newfound appreciation for the craft, but you can also make sure to get the best quality in material and production process.
Pallets are especially handy for building furniture – cheap, versatile, and give off that woodsy, rustic vibe in your home. One of the easiest ways to use pallets is to make them into boxy bedframes, requiring little expertise or experience – perfect for those who are trying to build their own furniture for the first time.
Here are the steps of making your own pallet bedframe.
- 2 pallets in identical/similar size
- Power saw
- Paint (colour of your choice)
- 1 small plank with similar thickness and length to the pallets
- 4 castors with bolts and nuts (optional)
How to Make It:
- Sand the pallets to make the surface smoother.
- Paint the pallets’ surface with any colour you like.
- Nail the plank to the two pallets to join them together.
- Add wheels to the corner of the pallets if you’d like.
- Put mattress and bedsheets on top of the pallet bedframe.
- You can also try build extra space for bedside drawers, depending on your design.