So many lip balms are on sale out there, but how can we find the best one for us? By making it ourselves, of course! With DIY lip balm, you will have full knowledge of what’s inside the product, and you can customise it any way you want.
Here is the step-by-step on how to make your own DIY lip balm.
Things you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- A few drops of organic raw honey
- 2 vitamin E capsules
- Small tubes or containers, sanitized
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler. Add in honey and coconut oil when at least half of the beeswax is melted.
- After the mixture is fully melted, put in the contents of the vitamin E capsules.
- Pour into the containers and let cool.
- For fragrance, you can add in essential oil(s) or extracts of your choice.