Looking for a quick, simple crafternoon with your kids? How about creating a photo frame using raw macaroni pasta? They make great Mother’s Day gifts and it’s a fun activity to do with your children.
What you’ll need:
– Sheets of A5 cardboard
– PVA Glue
– Gold or Coloured Spray Paint
– Photo of your choice
– Packet of raw, uncooked macaroni pasta
– Blue Tack
What you’ll need to do:
1. Starting with 1 sheet of A5 card board, cut out the centre of the cardboard leaving a 5cm border frame.
2. Using your new cardboard frame, start gluing pieces of your macaroni pasta using PVA Glue and decorate the borders however you like. You can even try different types of pasta of the same size for a more interesting pattern.
3. Once you’re done, allow the frame to dry outside on a sheet of newspaper.
4. Once your frame has dried, take your spray paint and lightly coat your frame with colour. Please be careful when doing this around children. Then allow your photo frame to dry. Alternatively, you can allow your children to paint over the macaroni pasta with acrylic paints and paint brushes.
5. Once it’s all dry, lay your photo frame facing down and place small lumps of Blu Tack on the inner corner and edges of your frame. Stick the photo of your choice facing down on top of the frame with Blu Tack and press.
6. And voila! You have your very own macaroni framed picture that the kids can be proud of!
Photo sourced by: http://thenymelrosefamily.com/mothers-day-gifts/