Maybe there was a sale, or maybe you just felt like you needed all the colours. Either way, now you end up with bottles of nail polish in your stash, mostly unused. Worry not – you can put them into good use with this easy and quick project. At the end of the steps, you will have turned your plain coffee mug into a gorgeous, unique piece.
Things You’ll Need:
- Ceramic mug or cup
- Warm water
- Disposable container, deep enough to dip the mug
- Nail polish
- Paper towel
- Fill container with warm water, and then a small amount of the nail polish.
- Use the toothpick to swirl and spread out the polish across the water surface.
- Dip the mug in the water avoiding the rim, and pull right out. Let dry on paper towel for approximately three hours.
- If you want to add more colours, wait until the first colour completely dried and then repeat steps 1 to 3.
- For best result, use distilled or filtered water and non-quick drying nail polish.