Loving those neon light signs you see on Instagram and Tumblr? You can make your own to brighten those dull walls at home! With simple, easily obtainable materials such as metal wire and plier, this DIY is pretty easy to follow. Here are the step by step for your customisable neon sign.
DIY steps from Rookie Mag
Things You’ll Need:
- Printed or drawn monogram/design of your choice
- Metal wire
- Hot glue gun
- Flexible neon / EL wire
- Put the metal wire on top of your printed design and bend them to follow the pattern of the design with a plier/wire cutter.
- Glue the neon/EL wire to the metal wire using the hot gun, following the design.
- Use tape to secure the neon to the wall.
- Plug in the battery pack, and you’re ready to go!
- The longer/bigger your design is, the longer your metal and EL wires have to be.
- The ends of the wire can be pretty sharp – don’t forget to bend them down with the plier.