Summer is in the air – a perfect season to don those pretty floral crowns on your head.
Flower crowns are not only beautiful, but they are also very easy to make. You can choose your favourite type of flowers and experiment with the ornaments and shapes – what’s not to love?
Here are the steps to make your own hair garland:
Things you’ll need:
- 2-3 types of flowers of your choice
- Fillers (such as feathers, gypsophila/baby’s breath, ribbons)
- Floral wire
- Hot glue gun
- Scissors or pliers to cut the wire
- Wrap floral wire around your head twice to measure the length you need. Cut the wire accordingly, and then cut two more pieces of wire to match the first one.
- Take all three pieces of floral wire and twist the ends together on one side, to keep them in place. Braid the three pieces together tightly.
- Mold the finished braid into a large circle to form a crown. Push any exposed ends of wire into the crown using your hands or a plier. Tape the ends of exposed wire for safety.
- Cut the flowers’ stems to make the base flat for gluing purposes.
- Glue the flowers and the fillers on to the crown as you like.
Steps by The Wonder Forest
And now you have your own floral crown! Where are you going to wear your garland?